• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  if I saw you every day forever, I would remember this time

He smiles, and it’s instinct to smile back - something Agetta does not restrain herself from doing as she takes another step forward. Her head rises when he stands, and her heart beat won’t settle - it’s beat fast with their proxmity and with too many emotions it’s loud like the ocean in her ears. Her navy eyes roam him, checking him for confirmation of his uncertain response to her question - and she is glad to see he does not look any worse than most who have just gone through a birth.

Her eyes snap to his when he returns the question, though, and her smile fades.

It’s a simple question, one Agetta has lied in answer to a hundred times both to herself and out loud to anyone who has asked. She thinks she’s going to lie again because it will taste sweeter on her tongue to do so but when she speaks the truth comes out instead.

“No, not really.” She’s quick to say more, though, to assure him this truth has nothing to do with this situation. Nothing to do with seeing him again or his new son. “But I’m better now. I missed you.” She says these words tentatively, as though she’s testing the ground for quicksand that might swallow her whole if she takes a wrong step.

Not realizing she has already drowned in it a hundred times over.

Agetta's gaze shifts back to the nebula-decorated colt and she shifts the topic away from herself and finds another smile, this one gentle and teasing. “Dare I ask his name?” She’s working up the courage to ask about the boy’s father, even as she reminds herself her jealousy is beyond hypocritical.

we are made of starstuff

artwork by yoricade

@[garbage]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if I saw you every day forever, I would remember this time - by Agetta - 10-11-2020, 04:19 PM