• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  roll the bones; yadigar
    YADIGAR
    there’s a hole in my chest but it’s mine, baby, it’s all i got.
    In another life, he would have let his heart run free on its stampede of rage and hurt and sorrow. He would have let it burst at the seams and finally tell her to her face that he cared for her so deeply. They would fall in love and start a family, and eventually retire to some quiet corner of the world away from everyone else.

But in this life, he choked the breath from his emotions and smothered his heart in its cradle. He feels nothing. He is nothing. When Yadigar lifts his head from drinking, he recognizes her silhouette despite the way her body has changed in death. Some part of him had wondered what became of her, yet the concern never found its way home in him. He approaches her just the same, however.

You died again?” he asks before carefully combing the leaves and twigs from her mane with his pointed teeth. Of course, he hadn’t mentioned her absence to anyone else. Yadigar still preferred the idea of her ruling over the east even without his naive little heart thumping nervously against his ribs for her. He extends a leathery wing over her back in a loose grip to keep her from losing her balance.

My father also died. Unlike you, he did not return,” he explains with a brief downward twitch in the corner of his mouth. There is plenty more he could tell her, he supposes, but he decides not to bombard her with all the news. He could only stomach so much when he first awoke, himself.

I’m sorry I didn’t protect you.
    @[breach]

Messages In This Thread
    roll the bones; yadigar - by breach - 10-09-2020, 12:20 AM
    RE: roll the bones; yadigar - by yadigar - 10-12-2020, 09:49 PM
    RE: roll the bones; yadigar - by breach - 10-28-2020, 11:30 PM
    RE: roll the bones; yadigar - by yadigar - 10-29-2020, 12:11 AM
    RE: roll the bones; yadigar - by breach - 10-29-2020, 12:26 AM
    RE: roll the bones; yadigar - by yadigar - 10-29-2020, 12:53 AM
    RE: roll the bones; yadigar - by breach - 10-29-2020, 01:15 AM
    RE: roll the bones; yadigar - by yadigar - 10-29-2020, 07:55 PM
    RE: roll the bones; yadigar - by breach - 10-29-2020, 09:05 PM