• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high | savage pony
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

A dull ache remains in his wing, like that of a months’ mended fracture, and he holds the limb tenderly as he follows the black mare. Her glance toward his sooty side suggests that her ‘of course’ includes the possibility of a swim, and Gale nods happily when they draw up along the water’s edge. There is no bank here, just a gradual descent into the water. Gale wades in a few paces, but stops rather than submerge the rest of his body. The water is fall-chilled after all, and his guide is asking something of him.

She looks concerned when she asks, and Gale turns away rather than answer.

The answer is a long one, but even if he wanted to speak it aloud, there is a hard knot of something in his chest that he knows would stop him. He shakes his head, just once, and then returns his gaze to hers with a wry smile.

“A lot of things happened.” He answers. “But that’s the past, isn’t it? No point dwelling on what I can’t change.” Gale shrugs, and the motion disturbs his still tender wing. He frowns, shakes it out a little, and reconsiders his plan to swim.

“So do you live around here?” The question sounds innocent enough, and Gale is looking out over the shallow river and bank curiously. “Or do you just make a habit of knowing good swimming holes?”

@[Basilica]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high | savage pony - by Gale - 10-21-2020, 08:52 PM