• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  A whisper in the wind, a shift in the shadows; Any

A whisper in the wind, a shift in the shadows

It was laughable to think that Aqorix could lead this conversation any better with the other colt, as all he had known his whole life, except for two brief encounters, had been his mother. He had no experience in making friends, either. Still, he leads anyway, tripping and stumbling as he does so. Truth be told, he couldn’t even remember the other colt’s name, even though he had just said it. Was it Brawn? Maybe? Or did he say Bryan? He felt bad about not remembering Bran’s name, especially since his was such an interesting name to try to remember.

Still, he leads on, asking the relatively silly question of what the markings on Bran’s hindquarters were. He notices the smile on his face and isn’t sure whether to smile in return. He opted for the awkward half smile, that made him look even less capable of making friends. But what Bran said next he thought to be super cool. “Really?” he says with a bit of excitement. “I have a literal star in my forehead.” He arches his neck to bring the star down so it is straight forward, and it shines and shimmers brightly.

He didn’t care that Bran didn’t know what the constellation was, but anything to do with stars, and Aqorix thought it was cool. His mother had actually spent the late evenings up with him, telling him about the stars, because she knew he loved it so. Even without her emotions, she was still able to evoke emotions within him, which probably saved him from being even more of an awkward good, much like his older brother, Ridiculous, whom Blasphemare had told him about.

He would think it even cooler that Bran’s dad and brother were able to control the stars, but alas, the other colt doesn’t bring it up, and moves on instead to ask about where Aqorix lives. “Well, right now, to be honest, I have no home. I’ve been wandering around the Meadow with my mom for the better part of my life, and recently I’ve ventured off to be on my own, but I’ve just hung around here, in the forest.”

He still felt terrible about forgetting Bran’s name, especially now that the thought the older colt was cool. After an awkward pause, he says, “I’m sorry, but I forgot your name. I’m just not good with names.” If a horse could flush, he would have at that moment. Though, this time, he would make it a point of remembering.

aqorix

Photo by Marco Bianchetti from Unsplash

@[Bran]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A whisper in the wind, a shift in the shadows; Any - by Aqorix - 10-27-2020, 07:15 PM