• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  and from the ashes we rise
    BREACH

I'd bare you my heart, if I knew that it still was there
    I'm too nervous to look, too afraid to close the book

She had not planned on coming.

She had no need to oversee everything that happened in the territories beneath her and she had watched the initial flames from the sky, questions in her eyes but no direct curiosity to seek out the source of the fire. But then things had changed. The world around them had warped. The ground rumbled and something motherly spilled into the air in a way that left her shaken and cold and uncertain.

Breach cast a quick glance to the corner of Hyaline where her mother’s body lay buried before turning her head toward Pangea. Shifting back into a hawk, she spears through the fog and the smoke, crossing the distance as quickly as possible until she sees the small crowd of horses that had gathered.

She shifts as she lands, rising as the young mare, her clear eyes looking around.

It’s obvious something has happened, the dust barely settling, the canyons crumbling, the ground groaning with the effort. She looks to Atrox, his sharp eyes inscrutable before he turns to leave, and then looks toward the others who have gathered. “What happened?” she asks and there’s weight to her voice—an expectation that she would be answered, a steely edge that comes from being Alpha.

She would not have once asked—would not have once dared—but the years have changed Breach. The responsibility thrust upon her. The loss. The expectations. The weight of her mother’s dreams settled squarely on her shoulders paired with a crown handed to her from Ghaul. The deaths.

It leaves her colder than before. More assured.

And, in this moment, more assertive as she lifts her chin.

so take all the wind from my lungs if you're out of air
    just deliver me truth, deliver me you

don't mind me completely screwing up my own timelines. don't ask questions.

Messages In This Thread
    and from the ashes we rise - by Straia - 11-19-2020, 04:07 PM
    RE: and from the ashes we rise - by Beyza - 11-19-2020, 04:41 PM
    RE: and from the ashes we rise - by atrox - 11-19-2020, 05:55 PM
    RE: and from the ashes we rise - by Iris - 11-19-2020, 06:41 PM
    RE: and from the ashes we rise - by yadigar - 11-19-2020, 07:50 PM
    RE: and from the ashes we rise - by Yanhua - 11-19-2020, 08:33 PM
    RE: and from the ashes we rise - by draco - 11-19-2020, 10:22 PM
    RE: and from the ashes we rise - by Warship - 11-19-2020, 10:50 PM
    RE: and from the ashes we rise - by Aela - 11-20-2020, 01:31 PM
    RE: and from the ashes we rise - by Skandar - 11-20-2020, 09:37 PM
    RE: and from the ashes we rise - by Straia - 11-22-2020, 02:28 PM