• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Blackberry wine is a favorite of mine // Catnip

catnip

Ugh, Catnip thinks, nearly curling her lip at the comparison to his mother. That's not exactly what she wants to hear from a strange man in the woods, whether she thinks he's handsome or not. She shakes her pale mane out, yellow rose petals falling out as she does. A crease of her lips betrays her displeasure, followed by a suspicious crinkling of her eyes. I've only ever been a mother to my plants.

The snarky look on her face fades as Mikael attempts remorse, and Cat finds herself thinking he looks rather cute while appearing sheepish. A begrudging smile lifts her lips as he continues to speak, one quite pretty and opposite the sassy attitude Cat often wears.

"Yes, I think so, actually. I'll make a right fool out of you," she answers, tilting her head to the right as the sweet smile turned into something ripe with mischief.

The yellow of Catnip's eyes glow as her gaze leaves Mikael's to peer at the trees surrounding them. With a little concentration and a good idea, a few green branches begin to mature. They reach out to the berry-destroyer, tangling into his mane. Cat's not cruel as she calls the plants, but she's certainly not gentle as the branches form a tall mohawk over Mikael's neck. A burst of laughter escapes her then, both because he looks ridiculous and because she never thought she'd get to use her magic like this.

"You look ridiculous," Cat says between laughs as her joy dies into giggles. The branches leave Mikael's mane faster than they had arrived, catching little strands as they go. The little mare notices the long hairs then twines little branches around them so they'll be forever braided together.

"There," she murmurs, cocking her head then turning her eyes back to Mikael, "a reminder and a lesson. Don't come stomping through my woods." She's serious but soft, finding she can hold affection for creatures just as she can for plants.

DESIGN BY LITTLEWILLOW

@[Mikael] they're actually so cute

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Blackberry wine is a favorite of mine // Catnip - by catnip - 11-22-2020, 09:39 PM