• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the storm that’s surely coming along; altar
    get up off your knees, boy
    Stand face to face with your god

She does not dream, but if she did perhaps she’d dream of starfire.
    So many of her thoughts are consumed by her preoccupation with what it might be like to burn. How terribly she aches for the lick of flame.

Her sleep is plagued by something that is neither dream nor reality. It is something Other, the cosmic traveling. It is something she discovered by accident, this magic, and it thrills her so completely that it makes her tremble even in her sleep.

She does not travel far tonight. She slinks, weightless, across the surface of the moon and back again. She is shapeless, boundless, until the soul fits itself back into her chest and she begins to stir.

A sharp breath and her eyelids flutter, the eyes flashing electric as they open and fall heavy on her brother’s familiar form. There is a beat of silence before he speaks, before she lifts her fine head, before the sensation of being shackled to the earth sets in. She studies him, her gaze sharp, and then pushes herself to her feet.

Even in the morning light, the stars wink and twinkle and a thin tendril of stardust curls out of her mouth when she exhales.

I want to take you with me next time,” she murmurs, head tilted. She loves their brother dearly, but she does not trust him to listen to her. She reaches out to touch his shoulder, just barely, meets his eye as she draws away again. “Do you trust me?

ALTAR

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the storm that’s surely coming along; altar - by altar - 11-23-2020, 12:11 AM