• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  someone whose eyes are on the horizon

It doesn’t take long for another to find her, to walk into her space, and she quickly brings her gaze back down so that she can look toward the girl. She is of her age and that brings a quick. easy smile to Aestas’ lips, lighting up her entire face so that the warmth is clear. From the beginning, she has always been so open with her feelings, so quick to feel them, so ready to let them light a fire in her very belly.

The smile widens into a grin when she notes the sun on her cheek.

“I do,” she admits readily, feeling a familiar warmth when she thinks about the way she carries summer with her so readily. Just like her siblings carry their own seasons—each in their own unique way. How they are all so uniquely different and yet so totally the same, threading together as piece of a whole.

The question that follows catches her slightly off guard, but she recovers quickly. “Not that I know of,” her voice is nearly sun bleached, just a touch husky and full of smoke. She considers the question seriously though, because it deserves the full weight of her attention, before she rolls her shoulders nearly carelessly. “I can’t see it though so I can’t say for certain.” A wickedness in her languid smile, easy and bright, as she shifts her weight to look at the other girl more squarely, tossing her head slightly.

“My name is Aestas,” she introduces herself as she settles, the sun beaming from her face.

so you should get on board with someone whose course is steadier than mine
    you should get on board with someone whose eyes are on the horizon, not on the skies

Messages In This Thread
    someone whose eyes are on the horizon - by aestas - 11-23-2020, 02:15 AM
    RE: someone whose eyes are on the horizon - by aestas - 11-24-2020, 11:47 PM