• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  on my tallest tiptoes

Although Beyza had not known the name of the place she and Caledonia had explored, she recognizes it instantly from the flashes she gets from Aela. Like so much in Beyza’s life, her opinion on Taiga grows complicated - she feels a fondness for it since it is Aela’s home and she thinks this girl is fascinating, but her actual experience in that land left a sour memory. She feels every rejection she has experienced as though it has just happened - and Aela may surely feel the confusion and bitterness rolling off of the white girl so she explains. “My twin sister and I went there once - we met a boy with a beard who did not like me very much.”

She’s still not sure what kind of horse turns down the opportunity to shapeshift and play games as another animal for an afternoon to escape their worries. The kind allergic to fun, certainly, though she supposes she could give him a break, even a few years later, considering his mother was being held hostage in Beyza's homeland.

“It is beautiful though.” She adds on, not wanting it to seem like she did not care for Taiga at all. She’s sure it was lovely and wonders if she could get lost in the fog.

When Aela asks after Pangea, Beyza tries to immitate the projection of memories again - the caverns, the cliffs, the coast, and the monsters are all presented with equal fondness. She does a decent job, she thinks, though the images are not clear and it is easy to lose her hold on them. “I’m from Pangea - in the east. My parents have moved on but it’s where I was born, and I’m very fond of it even though it might not look like much.” She watches, curious, wondering whether Aela had any thoughts on the eastern land - it had a reputation, Beyza was slowly learning, though she could not say she minded being associated with that reputation one bit.

beyza

artwork by lunargraphics

@[Aela]

Messages In This Thread
    on my tallest tiptoes - by Aela - 08-13-2020, 08:49 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Beyza - 08-24-2020, 07:32 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Aela - 08-31-2020, 06:18 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Beyza - 09-02-2020, 04:00 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Aela - 09-03-2020, 04:00 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Beyza - 09-14-2020, 06:00 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Aela - 09-16-2020, 02:05 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Beyza - 09-26-2020, 07:49 PM