• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i do my lil dancey dance

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

He has always been her anchor, the only thing she had to cling to during the worst of storms. She isn’t sure how Ophie sees himself, and she often wonders if he has any idea what he is to her. That he is the unshakable calm to her often mercurial temperament, that even at the peak of her shattering rage he is still the clearest thing that she can see. She does not think she could ever do enough to show him, to remind him daily that he is her everything and the only thing on this earth that she could not be without.

To feel his heart as it beat inside of her own chest is all the reassurance that she needs, though.
    To know that it no longer twinges in pain because of her, to know that the moment his eyes find hers it swells and surges stronger than any ocean wave; a reminder that in all the ways that she has failed, she has at least succeeded in this.

Her own heart rushes against the cage of his ribs at the warmth of his lips against her cheek, and she tries to hide her amusement at his newest name suggestions. “You’re planning on us having at least four more kids? I don’t remember agreeing to this.” But the words are spoken around a smile despite her indignant tone, leaning into his touch and pressing closer to him. She had never imagined herself to be the kind of woman that would have as many children as she does, but she doesn’t regret it. Somehow they had managed to create the family that neither of them had had – their children all grew up with their parents and siblings, unlike the two of them growing up with only each other.

“If you named her Starsin Junior, there is definitely an Ophie Junior in the ocean somewhere for her. And it’s a good thing you put her back because Starsins have been known to wreak havoc without Ophies to keep them in line,” she says with a laugh, even though she means every word. She had been destructive enough in her younger years, even with him there; she doesn’t like to think what her lonely fate might have been without him in it.

Her laughter fades, but a faint smile remains when she tilts her head to look up at him. She brushes his pale forelock away from where the coastal breeze had caused it to fall in front of his bright blue eye, and again she trails her lips down the golden streak on his cheek. “And I never get tired of you,” she murmurs, referring to his earlier thoughts. “You do drive me mad, but only in the best way.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Ophanim]

Messages In This Thread
    i do my lil dancey dance - by Ophanim - 11-29-2020, 06:58 PM
    RE: i do my lil dancey dance - by Starsin - 12-06-2020, 04:53 AM
    RE: i do my lil dancey dance - by Ophanim - 12-10-2020, 11:48 PM
    RE: i do my lil dancey dance - by Starsin - 12-23-2020, 02:53 AM