• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  it's just my soul responding, savior

CASIMIRA

dragon-shifting daughter of ashhal and ryatah

He seems so happy, and she simply can’t even fathom that it is because of her.

To see him walking toward her and to see the way his smile brightens until it ignites inside his eyes – it didn’t seem real that someone could smile that way because of her. It makes her heart somersault in her chest, makes her own smile hide behind a shadow of shyness, because she is suddenly afraid that she might not live up to whatever expectations he had of her. He must think her to be far more interesting than she actually is – must think that she is something as spectacular as the dragon she keeps locked away, when in reality she is not nearly so fierce or extraordinary.

She had not been enough in the past, and while she knows she should not dare to hope that she would be enough for Savior, she cannot ignore the ember of hope that refuses to die. He touches his nose to her shoulder and a shiver of dragon scales runs the ridge of her spine, and she lets herself step closer until the warmth of his skin is flush against hers. “I guess we will have to agree to disagree on where their beauty comes from,” she says with a laugh, turning her gaze to again admire their white opal wonders.

Her eyes turn back to his, quiet and soft despite the sharp, ice-blue of them,  touching her nose gently to his cheek. “I’ve never met my father,” she begins, hiding the sorrow of that truth behind a veil of nonchalance; it bothered her, but it was not something that could be fixed. It seemed foolish to miss someone that you had never known. “And I didn’t want anything like that for them.” She pauses, searching his face, continuing tentatively. “I was planning on staying until they were a little bit older. Hyaline is my home, but I would rather they grow up with both of us.” She withdraws a little, casting her eyes away from his face and toward the ground. “If you don’t mind, I mean.”

@[Savior]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's just my soul responding, savior - by Casimira - 12-27-2020, 05:03 PM