• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'd give you my sunshine
    i've been sleeping so long in a twenty-year dark night
    and now i see daylight
    She isn’t sure when it started to happen.

In the beginning she had thought she was imagining it. The voices were like whispers, coming to her most often when she was asleep. So soft at first, just enough to stir her awake, but then they would be gone.

Then she started hearing them during the day, too. Still quiet, in such a way that she wasn't sure if she had actually heard something or if her anxiety was inventing things. Eventually it got louder, loud enough that she coud no longer ignore it. When she had asked her mother Anonya had only suggested that perhaps she had inherited her grandfather's mind reading, but the tone in which she had said it –  like she was reluctant to admit her daughter shared the same blood as Dhumin –  made her wish for another explanation.

Until she was entirely alone, and the voices still came, and she knew there were no other minds nearby to be read.
    Until she was faced with the idea that there was something inexplicably wrong, and she finds herself stealing away to the river, searching for a place to be alone.

It's why when she sees a figure up ahead she almost turns back. She does not recognize her at first, and the last thing Narya felt like doing was trying to make small talk with a stranger. But something in the other girl's mannerisms strikes her as familiar, and she stares at her, long and hard from her place on the bank, before a wave of recognition washes over her. “Ava?” she calls out gently, stepping through the snow. Her eyes are drawn to the few fireflies that glow from within her mane, and having already forgotten her own changes –  the way her body had darkened to black until it bled down into a dark red, to the ruby of her hooves and the gems that adorned her body – and not realizing that the girl may not recognize her.

For a moment, she almost forgets about the strange voices that whispered in her mind.
    narya

@[Avelina]

Messages In This Thread
    I'd give you my sunshine - by Avelina - 12-29-2020, 08:59 PM
    RE: I'd give you my sunshine - by Narya - 01-05-2021, 01:18 AM
    RE: I'd give you my sunshine - by Avelina - 01-14-2021, 09:06 PM
    RE: I'd give you my sunshine - by Narya - 01-24-2021, 03:38 AM
    RE: I'd give you my sunshine - by Avelina - 02-11-2021, 07:19 PM
    RE: I'd give you my sunshine - by Narya - 02-15-2021, 12:49 AM
    RE: I'd give you my sunshine - by Avelina - 02-21-2021, 05:00 PM
    RE: I'd give you my sunshine - by Narya - 03-14-2021, 07:10 PM