• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I met the devil when I was a child, and I've never forgotten

There are some monsters in these woods that did not come from another world. They’ve been here a long time.

Whenever they aren’t lurking through Pangea’s canyons and caverns, they like to come here. To the deepest part of the forest. Here, where its usually so dark anyway one might not even know the sun had gone out.

But when the eclipsed had occurred while they were out in the open, this pair had brayed with what someone might call delight. They are built for hunting in the dark, after all.

Black emotionless eyes take in what they can. Even for this pair, it is not as easy to see now as it normally is at night. The shadows are thick here, where not even the small halo of light reaches.

They are hunting the creatures that have crawled out of earth and flesh. Mostly for sport (if they were capable of finding anything fun - this would be it) but also because even this feral pair can tell that these creatures do not belong. They are other. Which makes them fair game.

Movement catches their attention and they pause, knife-wielding tails flicking through the air in silent arcs. A low hiss escapes the smallest of the pair until a flash of silver teeth from the crowned one silences them.

They separate, moving through the brush with practiced ease. Somehow, their quarry is blacker than the rest of the shadows - sleek and unlike any shape they’ve seen before. It moves on its hind-legs, dragging behind it long forelimbs with curled claws. Colours seem to skitter over the black shape, pooling and shifting in an odd iridescence.

It carries with it the scent of blood.

When it turns its eyes to them, they are a blinding white. A token of the mare who had carried it from the netherworld and birthed it here. It hisses and the pair lunge from opposing sides. They are nearly silent in their attack, for they are not angry. Not yet. The creature is difficult for their teeth to get a hold of, though, and their teeth seem to slide off of it’s not-quite-skin. It is slippery and their frustration grows but they do not give up.

That is not something they are built for.

RIPLEY AND NOSTROMO

twenty-eight eaten to date

@[The Monsters] do your thing with Nostromo's xenomorph trait, please! <3

Messages In This Thread
    I met the devil when I was a child, and I've never forgotten - by Ripley - 01-06-2021, 09:40 AM