• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will not speak of your sin; aquaria
    stifled the choice and the air in my lungs;
    better not to breathe than to breathe a lie
    There is a low hum and suddenly the shadows around them shift away, put back in their rightful places by the softly-glowing orbs of water. For a moment, Tiercel’s cerulean eyes move away from her face and watch how the water dances in the air around them. The abilities of this country seem to be endless and unfathomable. Flight and emotions and water bending; magic blurs the lines between normal in this world until they are left confused and staring into a night that doesn’t seem to end.

The captured ocean shades her face in blue, outlining the proud arch of her mane in a faint glow. And with this new light, comes the realization of his identity. Tiercel wonders if he really looks as similar to his mother as everyone seems to think — first Oceane and now Aquaria, two women who have picked out Lepis’s face from the angles and colors of his own. He resists the urge to roll his eyes or send a dagger of annoyance into her back. In fact, he finds that his tendency to react in such a way has diminished since Oceane had told him about his parents’ deaths.

So instead he lets a sigh roll out of his mouth, heavy and rushing against the constant song of the tide. “Yes, she’s my mother.” And if this scaled mare knows his mother and doesn’t know of him, it only further confirms his suspicion that Lepis had truly never talked about him among her friends. The opalescent Loessian mare hadn’t known about him either (her face just as puzzled as this mare’s). An empty laugh escapes his throat at this thought. “Apparently I wasn’t her favorite child to talk about with her friends.”

Tiercel didn’t think he was her favorite child in the first place… Not even her favorite triplet, for that matter.

But these are all things of the past, for Lepis is gone and Wolfbane with her. Tiercel turns his attention, and the rolling sea of emotions that accompany him, back toward their conversation. “I’m sure it’s a beautiful place in the light.” The sand under his feet is cold but silky and he imagines it would feel soft and warm beneath the glow of sunlight. And while he refuses to look too deeply into the shadows, he assumes there are slender tall trees and colorful flowers beyond the shifting darkness.

What is he doing here? It had begun as a simple walk to think — to think about the way Islas swells with a child, to think about the ways Beqanna gives and takes away, to think about the anger and guilt that has trapped him for so long — and then a simple swim to explore and now a simple conversation with a stranger. “I don’t suppose you could help me with the problems of life,” he says. His normally serious face (it takes a lot of effort to control the bitter, desperate claws of emotions) breaks into a rare smile. “The darkness gives me a lot to think about.”
    tiercel.

@[Aquaria]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i will not speak of your sin; aquaria - by Tiercel - 01-08-2021, 12:36 PM