• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  to have someone kiss the skin that crawls from you
    B E Y Z A
    remember me when i’m reborn as a shrike

Beyza wasn’t sure what she would have done if he did not ask this of her, if he had gone to someone else. She’s surprised by the relief that she feels, the joy of being wanted. Even if it is just to show him how to wield his magic. Her pale muzzle moves to brush against his and her edges are white mist as they do. She does not expect him to feel the touch, but her barely audible words may stir the vapour of their blurred edges as they carry a pledge on her warm breath. “Of course.” She’s still so young herself, really, still has so much to learn. Beyza will teach him all she knows and together they will learn more. Together they will be more.

With no small effort, she turns from him and her white gaze finds the nearby body once more. The glow returns to her, gentle and as unoppressive as she can make herself despite how much she already contrasts the world around them. The pale light catches on the blood and the shape of what was once a living soul.

Her eyes are still tracing the lines of it when she speaks again, her voice still quiet but stronger than it had just been. “While you were at the plains, I found my second sacrifice. And today, during the eclipse, the third found me.” Found us she thinks - but though her body is weary from the birth, and though her heart swells with pride to think of this child she has brought into the world - she cannot find the words to explain that strange creature that had slipped from her or the experience itself.

“You can do anything you want, Jamie. Anything at all. You only have to think it.” And now she looks to the reaper again, her heart skipping in anticipation as she does - eyes bright with excitement. “His death is recent, the energy still lingers. Can you find it?” She does not know that his magic is tied to death, but it’s what she believes. Nothing would be more fitting for a reaper than the ability to harness souls and the energy that leaves a body once it has died.

@[jamie]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: to have someone kiss the skin that crawls from you - by Beyza - 01-08-2021, 09:07 PM