• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Catch my heart on a string [Reave]

He drifts from the outer edges of the Taigan forest, breath still steadying from what he had seen beyond. The darkness covering the land had brought horror and destruction along with it. A vision of endless tragedy that Reave had not been fully prepared to find. It’s strange to find comfort here in the darkness where monsters too lurk, but after the brightness of the unforested regions beyond, it feels almost comforting. Outside these trees where the pale rim of light around the moon still provided some illumination, it had seemed almost blindingly bright (especially to his night-adjusted vision).

But he is not left long to dwell on what he had seen. Instead his thoughts are interrupted by muffled footsteps, and soon a faint glow is visible through the trees. The glow is as much a reassurance as the sight he had sent winging ahead to discover just who (or what) might be approaching him.

It takes him a moment to recognize the chestnut and blue, to place the image of her against the list of names and faces he’d learned from his mother and many relations. Memorie. Ironically enough. Though they hadn’t met before, she is easy to place as one of the few who he still needed to.

His ears flick as she greets him by asking if he was Reave, blue eyes bright and curious in the darkness. Though he can see her clearly enough with his self-enhanced sight, he steps closer so that she might be able to do the same. “I am,” he replies simply to her inquiry. “Which must make you Memorie.”

As he says it however, a faint frown begins to tug at his lips. He had seen her through her siblings' sight, but there is something different about her. She is not how they had remembered her. She glows.

And Reave, still too caught up in youth to be given to a great deal of tact, blurts abruptly, “What happened to you?”

reave

@[Memorie]

Messages In This Thread
    Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Memorie - 01-14-2021, 05:19 PM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 01-15-2021, 01:42 PM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 02-08-2021, 10:58 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 02-18-2021, 10:02 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 03-01-2021, 11:03 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 03-08-2021, 11:44 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 03-30-2021, 11:11 AM