• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Be still, and listen to your heart [Roselin]
    Her curious smile quirks when the younger girl laughs and Roselin tilts her head, wondering if she might be privy to the joke. When Memorie reveals that the reason - that she had been comparing them both to their parents - her bright blue eyes gleam. Rose pricks her ears forward and stops, glancing back at the chestnut filly.

"Sometimes I wish I had been born a different color," she admits. "It's kind of strange not...," the yearling trails off but as she looks to her cousin, she has a feeling that the filly would understand. Most of the Taigan's who claimed relation to her mother had some variation of her chestnut coat and blue eyes. Roselin shared that but hers were a paler shade, a color that seemed closer to a winter sky than a summer one.

But then Leilan's daughter gives a playful toss of her dark head and blows a small puff of ice smoke. She glances at Memorie again and shrugs her shoulders. The yearling was rather fond of her ice scales and the way that they could catch the light; of the way they looked when darkness fell and Roselin could use them to reflect the glow coming from her white markings.

Memorie moves closer and Rose takes that as her cue for them to continue their journey. Eager to show off her recent discovery, it doesn't take the older filly more than a few steps to reach a sweeping walk. Her hooves brush against the ground, covered in generations worth of pine needles and decaying leaves. She listens as the copper girl explains that she has the Echoes like Yanhua and that her half-brother, Reynard, does too. It would seem that spotted Cheri does not and to that, Rose can only offer: "I'm sure she has her own gifts."

Magic in Beqanna was wild. At least that was how Lilliana had explained it. Sometimes there was no reason for the way that a horse might sprout wings (or antlers) and other times, it could be generational. That magical gifts could be passed along from parent to child as naturally as the seasons change.

When her cousin exclaims about the beauty of the Lupines that she had shared with her, it invigorates, and Roselin grins. She can't wait to return to the little clearing again. More than that, she can't wait to share the wonder of her flowers with someone who is actually excited about them. Neither Oren nor Reave had ever shown much interest.

"I've never seen one," Roselin shares. And then she elaborates, concentrating on the hazy image that she had been given by Lilliana. A field of them, blazing and brilliant beneath a setting sun. Dusk, her mother had explained. That was the name of the land and in their court, they had gardens full of them. More than that, the gardens had more than just flowers. Things that Roselin's mind couldn't understand.

Her expression turns determined as they continue to travel.

"I'd like to bring them to Taiga." Like Yanhua and Amarine, she thinks. Something that @[Memorie] - with her gift for flowers - might be able to help with. "They make Mama happy and I'd like to make her smile."

ROSELIN
    [Image: jck74A.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Be still, and listen to your heart [Roselin] - by Roselin - 01-22-2021, 10:19 AM