• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  keep the wolves away, any
    BY THE PRICKING OF MY THUMBS
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES

It is not that she thinks them ghosts, it is simply that she has stopped wanting anything for them at all. It does not matter what she had once thought they would be because their futures no longer meant anything to her.

How fiercely she had hated them when they’d occupied her womb, making her tired and heavy. How desperately she hated wanted to tear them from her swollen barrel with her teeth. She would have killed the both of them and herself, too, if it meant being rid of the pain and the gravity.

And she had named the son Gravitas.
    And she had thought that the suffering would have been worth it if they became something bigger than she was. Something more powerful.

And they are, she thinks, but they have done nothing with it and she cannot bring herself to care much one way or the other anymore.

It’s not that I think you’re ghosts, it’s just that I’ve stopped caring.” There is no reason for her to be so honest with the daughter but she cannot find any reason to lie either. She has never known how to preserve anyone’s feelings, not even her children’s. “You and your brother are free to become as great or as mediocre as you like, it no longer makes any difference to me.

She rolls her shoulders and turns her gaze to the horizon. “Your sister, too. Wherever she has ended up.

gospel

@[Tirza]

Messages In This Thread
    keep the wolves away, any - by gospel - 12-17-2020, 08:07 PM
    RE: keep the wolves away, any - by Tirza - 12-22-2020, 07:12 PM
    RE: keep the wolves away, any - by gospel - 12-30-2020, 05:18 PM
    RE: keep the wolves away, any - by Tirza - 01-07-2021, 08:34 PM
    RE: keep the wolves away, any - by gospel - 01-10-2021, 04:15 PM
    RE: keep the wolves away, any - by Tirza - 01-23-2021, 12:04 PM
    RE: keep the wolves away, any - by gospel - 01-31-2021, 05:55 PM
    RE: keep the wolves away, any - by Tirza - 02-10-2021, 07:22 PM