• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i'll fall apart or stay intact; wishbone
    it's a mystery to me
    we have a greed with which we have agreed. you think you have to want more than you need; until you have it all you won't be free. and when you think more than you want, your thoughts begin to bleed.
    Wishbone’s body feels heavy with dread at the sight of blood darkening her brother’s mouth. The red that pours from his lips is not from a superficial wound; she knows that whatever injures Warden sustained are deep and beyond her knowledge on natural remedies. The dark mare almost misses Svedka’s name, her mind busy trying to figure out how to get Warden to the healing waterfall. But when Warden repeats it, Wishbone’s gold-marked face turns sharply toward his direction, amber eyes flashing with worry.

Although she and Svedka have a heavy dose of optimism shining in their kindred hearts, she cannot deny that they have had their fair share of dark days… Dark years. They have shared these stories, standing in the warmth of the ocean while the sun fades. Wishbone cannot say she knows every sinful piece of her older brother just as she understands he does not recognize all of the darkness within herself. But she knows some of it; she knows enough to make her stomach twist at the urgency in Warden’s voice.

The onyx mare must find Svedka — she feels this necessity from deep down — but she can’t leave her younger brother for dead. Her eyes look toward the belly of Tephra before shifting briefly toward Warden’s red-stained eyes. “I will find him. You need to go to the waterfall or someone who can help” — she doesn’t know any of the magicians in Tephra, but she has heard of them — “because you can’t help Svedka like this.”

Wishbone doesn’t give him time to answer. Her long, dark legs eat away at the rough sand until it becomes packed dirt. Instincts make her race into the forest, an urgency flaring in her stomach that she can only compare to childbirth. A need to find safety, to find her family, to ensure life will continue. The eclipse’s labor pains have begun, shadows starting to overcome the kingdom of light, and Wishbone calls Svedka’s name so loud, and often it feels like a permanent marking in her throat.
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Warden]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'll fall apart or stay intact; wishbone - by Wishbone - 03-14-2021, 09:46 PM