• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I try to keep from going under
    Mazikeen
    Mazikeen watches with amusement as a snake emerges from the Chem’s mane - she hadn’t been expecting that at all. The creatures, however, he says are souls that haunt on his command which is just as interesting as the snake. She finds herself wondering what her soul would look like, if it’d be an equine or another shape, but he moves the topic back to her exploits with monsters and she rolls her eyes at the smirk there. Mazikeen has nothing to prove to him, though she knows she'll answer anyway.

She’s becoming more uncomfortable about the icy water so Mazikeen shifts into something that suits the story she’s about to tell and grants her thick fur. She becomes a large polar bear, white except for inky black paws and the black and red marking on her face. She moves to the shore, neither coming closer to Chem or moving farther away - maintaining the distance between them with cool indifference even though his mocking tone had needled her. As she moves, she replies with fire in her voice “I tore the first to shreds on a tropical island.” And she imagines that the shape she is wearing assists with the imagery of that. “The second…” Her memories of the fight with Wishbone were hazy because of the rage she had slipped into, though she remembers coming back into herself and finding little left of the monster that had tormented them both. “The same, but in the forest.” She says, flexing her massive paws a little as she sits down on her haunches.

She’s not interested in sharing the details of these fights with this near-stranger because they offer up too much of her heart with them. No one else knows the full truth. The twisting ache that comes with thinking of Islandres and its Chief, the embarrassing truth that she could lose herself so readily to anger as she had done in the Forest. And - for the third - the fact that she was pretty sure she had died as a result and she could still feel the claws that had torn open her side and exposed her insides, feel the snap of her leg bone when she tried to step towards Selaphiel and make sure he was safe.

Her orange eyes blaze in the face of the polar bear shape as she finishes her vague but pointed tale. “And the third I had nothing but my hooves to pound it into the ground, back to where it belonged.”

@[Chemdog]

sure we can wrap it up soon and that's fine if he wants to stop by Hyaline for a visit!

Messages In This Thread
    I try to keep from going under - by Mazikeen - 03-22-2021, 06:37 PM
    RE: I try to keep from going under - by Chemdog - 03-28-2021, 07:52 PM
    RE: I try to keep from going under - by Mazikeen - 03-30-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: I try to keep from going under - by Chemdog - 04-09-2021, 06:51 AM
    RE: I try to keep from going under - by Mazikeen - 04-12-2021, 03:32 PM
    RE: I try to keep from going under - by Chemdog - 04-16-2021, 09:28 AM
    RE: I try to keep from going under - by Mazikeen - 04-18-2021, 10:44 AM
    RE: I try to keep from going under - by Chemdog - 04-22-2021, 06:42 AM