• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I could take the whole world with me

Tarian is a creature of habit.

And he's grateful for the one that he had formed in his youth - patrolling the dark with his sire and grandsire. Those nightly patrols had proved beneficial during the Endless Night when the Eclipse had swallowed everything in shadows. The silver pegasus was fortunate because both of his mentors had taught him how to be sure-footed when he might have otherwise stumbled; they taught him how to step without being heard and the difference between an intruder and a predator.

What his father and grandfather had not prepared him for was this. He's glad to be away from the majority of Loess and apart from Ashhal or anyone else that might recognize him because this damned glow is something that he can't control. It had come one night after the moon (like the sun) had returned and then for every evening that came after, Tarian just became brighter and brighter, like the moon that illuminates the canyons and cacti above him.

He thinks it's dimmed - this new ability of his - but the sound of someone approaching makes the pegasus lose hold of his focus and with it, so goes the control of this ... discovery. The moon above him is bright and beaming but Tarian is clearly scowling when he turns to face the opposite direction. There is the faint scent of salt on the breeze and it's not a scent that he equates with the pale mare. It makes him that much more surprised when it's her face that greets him; he doesn't know what's worse. That she's proven him wrong or that she had stumbled upon him like this.

"Wildling," he nearly growls the word at her, frustrated that she has broken his concentration. Tarian is almost as radiant as the moon itself and he had wanted to keep this magic to himself, at least until he knew how to hide it. His blue eyes narrow, caught off guard by the way that she has changed. The air around her twinkles and the gray snorts softly, eyeing the twinkling aura that surrounds the nearly-white woman. "How the hell did I miss you?"

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I could take the whole world with me - by Tarian - 04-30-2021, 09:31 PM