• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I could take the whole world with me
    There is a moment that feels like a respite when he finally dims. It's not enough for Tarian, but it's enough that he doesn't look like a wretched moonbeam. (He also suspects that the way he doesn't shine as bright has little to do with what he wishes.) The pegasus is still frowning but the deep scowl that had been emerging lessens when he glances sideways at the dark-spotted woman.

She seems in high spirits, he thinks. Was it all because she had managed to sneak into Loess, like he assumed she wouldn't? Was it because she had found him so cross with himself?

Liam - his twin brother - had always said that Tarian was prone to melodramatics. He had always insisted No, that he was not. But now as he grows in a more foul mood and @[Altissima] looks at him so speculatively he wonders if there might have been some truth in what his twin had implied. It seems like a such a small thing and while Tarian understands that there are things beyond his control, he'd like to have it over his own body. "Because one day I didn't do this and the next I did." He said shortly. He remembered the first dawn after the Eclipse, how much he had appreciated the light returning to the world (and when the last time that Tarian had ever truly taken the time to witness one?) The sun had set and while the gray hoped that life might fall back into its old patterns, it seemed that new ones had formed (much to his chagrin).

The air around Altissima continued to twinkle and gleam in a way that wasn't natural; it wasn't eerie or unnerving. But it wasn't something that he remembered from their first meeting nor their second. Perhaps the Eclipse had changed her too?

And if it did, maybe there was a way to change it?

"Is this...," he asks unsure before his blue eyes find her face again, "have you always sparkled?" Tarian finally says, equally as blunt with her as she had been with him. There's a trace of his humor, coming from a slim hope that perhaps this glowing-thing won't be permanent as Tarian adds, "You might have been too busy not dying last time to show me."

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I could take the whole world with me - by Tarian - 05-05-2021, 06:30 PM