• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Nobody's your friend at the start or at the end; any

Help me out before I drown
    Save me now before I give up

They stare each other down, or at least Ledger does his best with the one eye he has, each wary and suspicious of the other. The irony lost on both of them. The reddish gold stallion had perhaps expected a not so warm greeting but he’s not prepared for the absolute rudeness from the other. It immediately makes him even more on guard, more mistrustful, and it’s a reflex from the bear within him that sharp canines pop back through his gums, only slightly peaking from beneath his upper lip. “I was going to ask you the same question.” Comes his flat reply, the gold flecks of his dark eye turning molten as he tries to keep his calm amongst the rising panic in his chest.

He weighs his options as he angles his head to let his one eye sweep over the dappled stallion and the flare of his wide wings. They look a lot like Ellyse’s. The memories attempt to barge in but for once he’s too engrossed in the adrenaline of the current situation, still trying to figure out if this stranger was suppose to be here or not. The polar bear is agitated within him, wanting to come back out. He puts it in check although the teeth still remain. Even if he couldn’t promise Oceane that he was safe to be around, he keeps the promise to himself to try. Try as hard as he can to not react to the anger that easily flares to life, heating the heavy yet weightless thing in his chest.

His nostrils flare as he takes a deep breath, trying to calm down despite the clenching of muscles beneath his heavily scarred hide. Tries once more for a different tactic instead of giving in to reaction. “I’m Ledger. I live here.” Saying that aloud helps a little, claiming this place as his home when he had gone so long without one. “Your turn.” He rasps, his apprehensive gaze never wavering from him.

Ledger

@[Ashhal]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Nobody's your friend at the start or at the end; any - by Ledger - 05-09-2021, 02:39 PM