• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I could take the whole world with me
    Catching that unspoken wait is infuriating and makes her curiosity all the more potent but she continues to hold her tongue. Her attention is on him rather than the moonlit scenery, and she frowns a little more in confusion when they land near the coast.

It’s amusing to hear Tarian whisper, or try to - it doesn’t suit him in the least. But the fact that he’s trying intrigues her. She’s momentarily distracted from what she’s supposed to be looking at, however, when he continues talking - when he mentions the hot springs and her not being able to handle that level of enjoyment. Her eyes shift as her mood fluctuates - joy and intrigue mixing with irritation - and she rolls them. And yet, it is only Tarian’s mention that they have to be quiet that stops Altissima from blurting that she would like to see the hot springs. It had sounded wonderful when she was sort-of-dying, and she had ended up dreaming of what it would be like to wade into them when she had eventually passed out after their conversation. It still sounds wonderful now.

Altissima was not overly fond of being chilled, despite her rather frosty aesthetic and the fact that she is occasionally followed by a snow owl - who is off enjoying cooler weather right now. It had been difficult to feel warm in the darkness and she is not looking forward to winter. When the nights are long and she has too few hours to soak up the sun.

She shakes her head and focuses on where they are, and Altissima moves to stand beside him to get a better look, thinking that if the creatures aren’t deterred by his glow then they won’t mind her twinkling. She is uncomfortably aware of the (lack of) space that separates their wings as she stands there. She doesn’t meet his gaze and tries her best not to fidget because she’s close enough that if she moves her wings too much they’ll brush against his. Why didn’t she move a little further away?

Because she was too curious about what he was showing her to think of it when she stepped forward. Thankfully, there’s the excuse of watching the little turtles as they make their way out to the sea.

“They’re so… small.” Helpless, she thinks, though this feels a little unkind to point out. Unless she's talking about Tarian. After this very brilliant observation, she’s quiet for another moment. And that’s all she can really take because she’s still thinking about the hot springs.

“What makes you think I can’t handle enjoyment?” She asks quietly, but pointedly keeps her gaze forward on the ocean as she does. There's a challenge in the words even as the corner of her mouth turns up slightly.
    altissima

@[Tarian]
    [Image: willowsticker_by_space1993_ddeo27s_small.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I could take the whole world with me - by Altissima - 05-12-2021, 09:06 PM