• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I am in every lane; any

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

For the first time in his young life, Reave almost feels as though he finally truly understands his abilities. That he has finally clawed his way through to the top and looked down to see the patterns in the world around them. It is an odd and unique vantage point, one the bone-clad youth is certain he would not give up easily.

He cannot possibly see what lay in the future, but he has finally begun to pick out the patterns of the past. It’s fascinating to watch how those patterns replay even now in Aela, torn by memory and emotion both hers and not. To see just how closely she walks in the footsteps of his grandmother, both deliberately and not. To recognize that they had both been blinded by their emotions. And to understand how much wild emotion drove the acts of greatness they had seen in their world.

To know that he did not need to fear his own emotions, or the wildness that burns even now in his chest. It’s a relief, in so many ways, when he finally understands this.

He sobers as he stares at his sister, vibrant blue gaze growing curiously perceptive. Her ragged ‘of course it is’ resonates as his lips lose the devilish grin. Reave had never been a great believer in fate, but in this moment, he fully believes they had met for a reason. He would never be foolish enough to believe her future lay in the North, but if she wanted to become everything she dreamed, she would still need the North.

“Does it matter if the anger is yours or not if you’re still consumed by it?” She had railed against everyone else’s emotions because she feared losing herself to them only to lose herself to her own emotions. Did she even realize it?

If not, he would make her see. Because during the course of this conversation, Reave’s own course had begun to grow clear. He wanted to be something as much as she did. Perhaps their motivation is not the same, but in the end, they both looked towards the same versions of the future and saw possibilities. So her question when it comes, despite it’s clear design to turn the sharp points of the conversation to him, only brings a rather devious smile to his lips.

“Everything.”

reave

@[Aela]

Messages In This Thread
    I am in every lane; any - by Reave - 04-20-2021, 02:48 PM
    RE: I am in every lane; any - by Aela - 04-26-2021, 08:13 PM
    RE: I am in every lane; any - by Reave - 04-28-2021, 09:53 AM
    RE: I am in every lane; any - by Aela - 04-28-2021, 06:05 PM
    RE: I am in every lane; any - by Reave - 04-29-2021, 09:48 AM
    RE: I am in every lane; any - by Aela - 05-02-2021, 11:44 AM
    RE: I am in every lane; any - by Reave - 05-03-2021, 09:10 AM
    RE: I am in every lane; any - by Aela - 05-03-2021, 06:54 PM