• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I could take the whole world with me

Does Altissima know everything she says sounds like a challenge to Tarian?

He's actually glad for the distance between them now, though he can hear her steady hoofsteps falling behind his. One ear flicks back towards the pale woman and as she speaks about the parents that left her in Pangea, Tarian can easily imagine that she made up her mind on the matter one day. I dare you to come and find me, the action boldly says to Tarian.

And since they hadn't, that's how he imagines her.

A Wildling who travels Common Lands and Kingdoms alike with the unspoken dare to those nearby: Come and find me.

Tarian is glad for the space between them now, that they are walking towards the salt springs, because even he can tell that his normally stoic face has softened. There is a bemused expression instead, erasing years of trials and battles and blood. At this moment, he looks almost exactly like his father. Boyish, perhaps even a touch roguish, thanks to the wry smile that curls on his dark lips. The springs, he reminds himself. Focus on the springs.

But the distance (and the long lapses of silence) reveal other things to the silver pegasus. He's grateful for the distraction because it takes his mind off the fact that he still lights up like a glow worm but it makes Tarian introspective in a way that he normally isn't; the Champion hasn't chased her out of Loess. Quite the opposite, he's given her a tour of the Southlands tonight and yet neither have murmured a word about. He makes no comment on her leaving and the bewildering fact to Tarian is that @[Altissima] doesn't mention it, either.

So what the hell are they doing?

The Loessian has no idea. And he decides not think about it. The only conclusion he can draw is that Altissima and her daring spirit draws something of the warrior out of him. He'd been a mercenary once. Not that Tarian would speak of it to anyone in Beqanna, but there had been a certain thrill that came from the fight and he wonders if this is why the white mare is becoming someone he can tolerate. If this is someone he can imagine spending more time with. If -

But that messes with the whole picture in his mind of this fearless woman who could careless for courts or protocols; she tosses them all aside as easily as she could craft her wings. Besides, nowhere suits her. She admits it aloud and Tarian flicks that ear forward again as they come to climb another dune. He comes to stop and draws his wide wings in, allowing for her to stop alongside him if she wished. When the view of the clear water illuminated in moonlight and her shining catches it, Tarian turns his head to Altissima. "Will this do?" He asks her, and indicates to where the warm steam roils into the winter air with a nod in that direction. It's just for the night, he knows. Dawn will come and Altissima will go so it makes him quip to her (because when will he next be able to?), "Milady."

Nowhere suits her, she had said. But for tonight, he hopes Loess will suit just fine.

<3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I could take the whole world with me - by Tarian - 05-18-2021, 06:55 PM