• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i think i've missed you all along; cheri

a bright and dangerous spark

No, no, She shook her head, denying the worst of Targaryen’s fears. But the truth was different; more secure and untold than what she was telling him now. Obscene had hurt her, just not in the typical way that could be seen. Cheri had given him an ounce of her trust, believed that he might’ve meant what he said when he told her she undid him, then learned the hard way how it felt to be shown the opposite. In a second of vulnerability when she’d felt uneasy and unsure of herself, he’d snapped back into his nature of grinding her underneath his heel. She’d left that night all alone, hardly making it back to Loess before collapsing in a thicket of spiny desert grass.

“Something Targaryen would’ve never, ever considered.” Cheri knew, waiting with her lungs full of air.

He spoke her name.
    She exhaled.

It was the same way he’d said it months ago, light and yet sincere, like a prayer to the fae. Something in his manner made her look up; Cheri could feel the pain in her expression dissolving with every word he spoke, replaced just as subtly with hope and a longing for more, which Targaryen delivered as if he’d heard her very thoughts. Gently, his nose came to rest upon her skin and Cheri felt her body react against her will. He brushed the tendril of hair away from her eyes and she bit back a childish sob, knowing that even though it came from a place of serene joy he might mistake it for something else. It was only when he kissed her: securely, tender and yet certain, that Cheri bent her head and pushed into the touch with more longing than she’d thought herself capable of.

This was exactly what she had wanted. All those years of confusion, trying to chalk her emotions up to something that never quite fit the bill until she just admitted it aloud. Cheri had fantasized about how he would say it, what Targaryen might do in the moment, and now that it was happening she could hardly believe it. As tempestuous as her feelings, the wind picked up and seemed to push her closer towards him. For once in her life Cheri was not afraid.

This was Targaryen, after all.

“You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to admit it.” She smiled, curving her face against his so that their noses and cheeks were rubbing together. Hell, she hardly knew until Obscene - “Don’t think about him.” Her mind rejected the red-eyed stallion of the Pampas, thoroughly annoyed. He’d made his choice, now she was due hers. “I knew for certain when we went north together.” Cheri was suddenly shy, though she kept her skin warm against his.

That afternoon and long evening spent on Icicle Isle had been a constant memory for her, and the night after an even hotter one. Targaryen had slept with her but for some reason, that night it’d felt so much different than all the rest. Cheri had a hard time falling asleep.

“You’re quite attractive you know.” She blushed, wanting him to kiss her again. Her wings bent forward, cupping themselves gently against the curves of Yenny’s as if she were longing to pull him closer again. “I always thought that when you left, you were going to visit your girlfriend or a secret love. I never imagined…” Cheri’s voice faded into silence.

She pulled her head back softly, eyes shining with a fire they’d never dared to light. “Never imagined that it would be me.” She thought.
    Full-sized image link

@[Targaryen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i think i've missed you all along; cheri - by Cheri - 05-18-2021, 11:32 PM