• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  My home was never on the ground || Tin Man, any

"Hello, Tin Man." She looks at him with a pleasant expression, overly formal in compensation for the uneasiness she finds creeping back. It is nothing he does that contributes to this feeling, simply her inexperience and the state of collapse that she found the world in every morning. 

She hadn't interacted with many adults outside of her family group in her almost three years of life, but he seems friendly enough, and she tries her best to be polite. She tries to feel the way she felt about meeting strangers before the world went dark. But it's a feat that's easier thought than executed, and she is relieved when he asks a question to fill what threaded to be an awkward silence.

"I am," she confirms, "My family lives here, my uncle is the leader. I'm sure you would be welcome to stay if you like it here." Her brow furrows as she realizes maybe she has made a mistake, she looks a little closer at him through the half-dark. "But you are a nomad? So do you choose to wander instead of calling a land home?"

starsonder

@[The Tin Man]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My home was never on the ground || Tin Man, any - by Starsonder - 05-19-2021, 03:21 PM