• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  A certain darkness is needed to see the stars [Gale]

Ciri

Her blood freezes in her veins, all distractions forgotten as her awareness comes into hyper focus. It was the last kind of question she had expected from him and so she chews the inside of her lip, thinking as she tries to calm the sudden onslaught of emotions. Gale had been able to show her the images of the kelpie, was able to do many magical things it seems. Although she doesn’t like the way he’s been able to see her most intimate memories she figures it’s something he can’t help. Gale seems uncertain as he looks at her, as if he’s tread too far. She tries to give him a reassuring smile that she’s not angry. He’s only trying to help, to be a friend after all.

“He ruled Hyaline.” She finally says, her starlight swirls looking back to the rock sheep but not really seeing them. The image of his gold scales and kind laughter are easy to recall, she can almost feel the way he had pressed herbs and mud to each infected wound, can feel the murmur of his breath on her neck. “His name was Amet. He found me when I came out of the lake from Underneath.”

Casting her metallic gaze towards where they had come from, seeing the dark ripples of the lake below, as twilight continues to creep into the sky and a cool breeze follows. “His dream for Hyaline was a sanctuary for children but as we got older it became a sanctuary for those that didn’t fit anywhere else.” "I was it’s Heart, I was his Heart" she thinks but doesn’t say. Hyaline had been a place of dreams but that was all it had ever been. Dreams.

Glancing back to the shimmery navy stallion, she offers him a soft sigh and a small smile. “I suppose I think about him a lot don’t I?” She doesn't mean to and she wish she didn't. Enough time had passed that the hurt should have lessened by now. She blames Eternal and the raw pain of seeing her son calling Jah-Lilah mother, not knowing just how much Jah had taken from her. Of knowing closure was just out of reach and then snatched completely when she had been sucked back into the portal and transported back to this place.

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A certain darkness is needed to see the stars [Gale] - by Ciri - 05-21-2021, 11:44 AM