• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I woke up today and chose violence

He’s gone in a rush of feathers, the sound only just managing to register enough for her to know what’s happened. Mazikeen’s instincts try to follow, but her waning energy is not enough for flight. Her body begins to seize and the fire aura around her flickers out of existence, leaving only the burning markings taking up nearly every piece of her skin and those glowing horns. She thinks she hears Gale scream and she tries to stir to answer it, tries to rally herself to help him. Those instincts are still thinking flight when her legs give out on her. Wings of every bird and bat and creature she’s ever seen rolling out over her now-equine shoulders as she collides with the ground and stares upwards with unseeing, furious eyes.

She snaps at the nearby empty air as she writhes on the ground but there is no one left in the vicinity to fight. Where the one she had been fighting has gone she does not know. There is no space in her mind for rational thought. No room for a last-ditch effort, no ability to guard her memories or even to think about how she is not ready to die.

Instead, where her mind might have gone is displayed on her coat, her shifting still out of control but just colours now as continues to pace with her rapid heart. Iridescent blue and cream, teal, purple, both striped black and plain, white and gold, palomino and pale blue, gold and black, iridescent blue and black, pale icy blue, red roan, warm chestnut and dun with navy. Each one chased by each other in a loop, bleeding into one another.

And then this display slows as her heart begins to trip over itself. As its rapid pace ceases, unable to keep up with her fury. As her blood continues to pour from her and the two poisons in it do their work. 

Until finally, when her heart gives out, the only colour on Mazikeen’s white coat is the blood from her wounds and those she inflicted on Gale, and the red marking on her nose where he had touched her outside of battle for the first time.

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    I woke up today and chose violence - by Mazikeen - 05-15-2021, 08:06 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-16-2021, 07:45 AM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-16-2021, 08:14 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-17-2021, 08:40 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-18-2021, 08:35 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-19-2021, 09:05 PM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-20-2021, 06:53 AM
    RE: I woke up today and chose violence - by Gale - 05-21-2021, 06:27 AM