• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the shadow proves the sunshine; vastra

let my shadows prove the sunshine

She steadies him with a gentle brush of her muzzle against his honey-gold skin; a type of steadying that doesn’t heal the parts of him that have been mangled and torn, but soothes such an ache. Though it does not ease the swirling uncertainty, it brings the stallion comfort. Svedka murmurs into the tawny of her jawline as her teeth scrape forcefully on his neck, his breath sweet and warm against her skin. She pulls at him and he obliges, getting rid of any space left between them with a sweeping step towards her.

Then, he pauses. “Twins?”

Something like confusion hardens all the lazy lines of his face, contorting his expression until it is clear that sheer disappointment washes over him like the Tephran tide. How could he have forgotten? His heart twists, realizing that he has left another partner to birth his children completely alone once again. He removes his touch from Vastra’s skin so that he can look into her eyes where concern blossoms within his own.

“I should have been there,” he confesses with a tightness in his voice. It is the same thing he had said to Ilma and it feels worse saying it for the second time. He hadn’t meant to be absent (though he had never dreamed of being a father, the role had been easy for him to fill) for either of them and there is a twinge of regret that stings in his chest. For the first time in his life, he doubts his ability to be a worthy partner. “I’m sorry, Vastra.” His voice is genuine and soft as he closes the space between them again, realizing that he now reached for her instead of the other way around.

He buries his head into the flaxen tendrils of her mane, inhaling the scent of clean air and wind. He doesn’t deserve her kindness, but he asks anyway. “I’d like to meet them, if that’s okay?”

svedka

@[Vastra]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the shadow proves the sunshine; vastra - by Svedka - 05-22-2021, 11:19 AM