• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  instead of nowhere to land | wishbone
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

The waterfall deadens the sound of the purple mare’s approach, but the Curse feels her arrival with its other senses. Several of those are new, no doubt collected in the common grounds, and it is smiling with content satisfaction as it turns to face her.

Not so tall, with soft brown eyes and a charismatic smile.

No visible magics though, and so it wonders what might lurk beneath that purple pangare skin. Perhaps it will open up her chest and find out, and briefly forgetting its purpose entirely steps closer.

But she speaks before it reaches her, and Gale’s brindle body falls still in the water. She knows this host.

“You knew him?” it asks in Gale’s voice, the pleasant expression never changed on its face, though now it softens into hesitant curiosity. Knew the host’s father, knew Wolfbane, knew the host of one of the Curse’s previous incarnations. It is not quite the same as it had been then, and it is different still than when it had held Longclaw. The dark god has touched it twice since then, and the tendrils it has sunk into Gale will take a thousand deaths to remove.

The Curse’s mimicry of its host is pristine, though it is sure that Gale had not Seen this mare before and it is unlikely she will recognize the Curse. It had only taken the memory of the twins and the jungle around them before it had swallowed Mazikeen’s eyes, and the visual recollection of her asking Wishbone for aid is beyond the abilities it has mastered.

Cautious but not suspicious, it nods in answer to her question. “My healing has gotten stronger, but it is often weak when I wake in the mornings.” Gale is stronger here, closer to his children, and so the Curse finds lying difficult. Later, when it has learned what this mare knows of Wolfbane and has cleansed her heartblood from its chin, the Curse will punish Gale for this act of rebellion.

@[Wishbone]

Messages In This Thread
    instead of nowhere to land | wishbone - by Gale - 05-23-2021, 09:00 PM
    RE: instead of nowhere to land | wishbone - by Gale - 05-26-2021, 10:06 PM