• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  gospel hymns caught in the air

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

It would have amused him to know that she imagined him a dragon, but fortunately for her, he is no mind reader. He is undoubtedly rude however and has been for a very long time. And he most certainly would not change, not even for a small, innocent young woman. Especially not for a small, innocent young woman.

She had to learn the world is a harsh place at some point or another. Why not from him?

He does not react to her fear in the way one might expect. Rather than softening or finding sympathy within himself, the scowl twisting his lips deepens, eyes darkening to a dangerous and stormy black. He had always found such fear trite. He is far from the most dangerous or fearsome beast out there. If she were terrified of him, she had no chance in the world, protective brother or not.

He might have left her then. Left her to her own devices to end as a meal to someone far worse than he. He might have, until she admitted that she was Tarian’s sister. That fact alone gives him pause. He would hardly call himself friend to the stallion, but he did tolerate him far better than he did most. And that was worth something. Not much, but something.

So, instead, he stalks forward. She’s not likely to be much better off in his company, but she’d at least survive him. “I know Tarian,” he replies, his low voice gravelly and harsh. He doesn’t bother answering her other questions. It should be fairly obvious at this point anyway. “But tell me little mouse,” he continues, his eyes gleaming with a new light as he presses closer. Uncomfortably close for her, he doesn’t doubt. “What incentive do I have to tell you where he is?”

@[Minah]

Messages In This Thread
    gospel hymns caught in the air - by Minah - 05-27-2021, 06:03 PM
    RE: gospel hymns caught in the air - by Ashhal - 05-28-2021, 09:43 AM
    RE: gospel hymns caught in the air - by Minah - 05-30-2021, 08:29 PM
    RE: gospel hymns caught in the air - by Ashhal - 06-03-2021, 12:00 PM
    RE: gospel hymns caught in the air - by Minah - 06-13-2021, 06:56 PM
    RE: gospel hymns caught in the air - by Ashhal - 06-15-2021, 10:01 AM