• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  So why are you running away [Oceane/Any]

Help me out before I drown
    Save me now before I give up

He falls into place behind Oceane, keeping a slight distance from both Prince and Queen and studying them both with open scrutiny reflected in the molten flecks of his good eye. He’s not sure what he makes of the dark young stallion with blazing red eyes and long strange tipped ears. It’s too soon to judge his character but those red eyes remind him too much of others (Offspring, Gryffen, even his own grandfather told from bitter stories by Magnus) so he remains optimistic but cautious. One wrong move from either Obscene or his golden companion and the bear would not hesitate to place its claws on their throats to defend Cheri or his Queen.

Ever since that day in his cove (when they had traveled through a wish together) everything had changed for him. As he admires the view from behind the opalescent mare, letting his gaze wander over the roundness of her hindquarters and the way her feathered wings brush just so against the feminine curve of her barrel, he can’t help but remember the way she had pressed against his neck. The way her amber eyes had caught the moonlight when she looked up at him. His tail snaps against his branded flank in sudden agitation and it takes him a moment to realize that there was a conversation happening next to him.

Reluctantly drawing his eye from Oceane (and distancing himself from the dirty thoughts he definitely should not be having), he glances over to the two mares that steadily walk beside him. Years of being quiet and observant as a child had turned into a skill that served well as a diplomat. He didn’t miss much as long as it was in view of his good eye. He had not missed the slight sharpening of Oceane’s gaze on Cheri when the young protege had mumbled her greetings to the Pampas leader. Nor had he missed the way both Obscene and Cheri seemed to make it a point to not look at each other. Whatever had passed in that moment seemed to be, for the moment, put aside as the green and onyx mare deftly responds to Aela’s shy question with a perfectly appropriate response. He gives her a warm look of approval before his good eye turns to Aela. If he was a younger stallion he might have been distracted with the likes of both females beside him. Both were stunning in their own ways. However, it had never been looks that had swayed the one eyed man. It was brokenness that had led him to Ellyse, pain that led him to Cress’s embrace. Oceane’s strength is what captures him now. Her outer beauty was just a bonus to all the brilliance that filled her inside. Nothing could sway this overwhelming feeling of loyalty for her after everything she had done for him. Everything she had seen.

“I was born in the old lands, before the world was broken. Since the breaking I’ve only become acquainted with Tephra and Sylva…” A slight wrinkle of his muzzle is the only sign of his distaste with both places, too many bad memories lingered in both lands. “At this point I am biased to Loess.” He finishes with a charming smile. “What about you Aela? What makes the Pampas better than the rest?”

Ledger

(I'm totally fine being a crazy person haha)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: So why are you running away [Oceane/Any] - by Ledger - 06-06-2021, 02:11 PM