• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i can feel your halo

Tarian has never died.

He has certainly tried.

But it was not his fate to be a casualty in the line of battle. It was not his destiny to fall at Windskeep as so many as his kin had. It was the part that made his life as a soldier of fortune easy; he didn't care if he lived or died. The battle that had mattered - the one that changed the course of his life - had happened without him. Too young, they had said. Too inexperienced.

And he has fought every day since then, preparing himself for a redemption that will never come.

The silver stallion walks behind the other pegasus, letting Ashhal take his time to wade into the spring and submerge in it. He has the patience of someone who knows that he needs an answer and won't leave until he has one. Sylva is not a field full of wildflowers and an arrogant ass of a leader. If the rumors that he's heard of Sylva are true, he has no desire to go alone. His gray ears flick forward, listening to Ashhal speak about how he has no desire to extend pleasantries. Tarian doesn't either but for the sake of Loess, he can manage a few civil words.

The Champion has no qualms if the other brute has even less to offer.

The Southern Kingdom is filling up; there is aspiring diplomat Cheri as well the shapeshifter that Lady Oceane had mentioned. Tarian is aware that Tiercel is here with his family and there are few others in the kingdom that call this place home. But he does not need someone to speak honeyed words to Sabra and smile amiably to the Sylvan residents. He needs someone that can lash out, in case the residents of the autumn wood decide to show a few too many teeth. He needs someone to go with him to show that while the relationship between Loess and her territory hoped to remain peaceful, the Loessians weren't without a bite of their own.

"Stand still," Tarian mutters, "Look pretty for all I care."

Now that they've reached a kind of agreement, the pegasus decides to leave the other to the peace and quiet of his bath. He turns to go but calls out over his shoulder: "Just be ready when I need you."

Messages In This Thread
    i can feel your halo - by Tarian - 05-15-2021, 12:41 PM
    RE: i can feel your halo - by Ashhal - 05-19-2021, 09:09 AM
    RE: i can feel your halo - by Tarian - 05-22-2021, 05:35 PM
    RE: i can feel your halo - by Ashhal - 05-25-2021, 09:36 AM
    RE: i can feel your halo - by Tarian - 05-30-2021, 03:11 PM
    RE: i can feel your halo - by Ashhal - 06-03-2021, 10:13 AM
    RE: i can feel your halo - by Tarian - 06-09-2021, 01:53 PM
    RE: i can feel your halo - by Ashhal - 06-11-2021, 09:05 AM
    RE: i can feel your halo - by Tarian - 06-11-2021, 07:54 PM
    RE: i can feel your halo - by Ashhal - 06-15-2021, 09:41 AM