• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

always weigh what I've got against what I left; any

TAKE ME UNDERGROUND, TAKE ME ALL THE WAY
    BRING ME TO THE FIRE, THROW ME IN THE FLAMES

Makai cannot comprehend the idea of living so mechanically; of removing ones self from their emotions and going through life so robotically. He couldn’t imagine. His entire life was rooted entirely in pain. He had been born into a world where his parents had drowned (how he had searched for them!). He had been taken from life by a brother who had murdered him. And then, when he had come back, it was only at the will of the Chamber. His whole life hung on her very whim, and he knew as easily as she had breathed life back into his lungs, she could drain it all away. All he had to do was disobey once, or fail to return to her long enough, and just like that, he would be back in the ground where he had been all those years ago.

So he doesn’t understand a life free of the pain—one not completely reigned by it—and he scowls at the falcon-stallion before him. “As tempting as that is, Zeik,” he puts an unnecessary amount of emphasis on the name, as if it felt poisonous on his tongue, “but I think that I will pass.” How could he explain how the supernatural ruled his life? The sludge that ran through his veins. The way he died slowly every second he was not in a kingdom that he hated; how he often woke up coughing blood onto the dirt.

Worse, how does he explain his ability to so cruelly hurt the one soul in this world that he loved without reservation? How does he explain the deep-rooted knowledge that he is a monster and he kills what he loves? He can’t. He knows that—and he knows that he doesn’t owe the blue roan stallion a thing. So he just lifts his gaze, steady now, and he watches the other stallion. “How about you tell me something,” there is a pause as he considers the other for a second. “Tell me how someone can be both so dispassionate and yet so curious as to the suffering of others.”

AM I STILL ALIVE OR HAS THE LIGHT GONE BLACK?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: always weigh what I've got against what I left; any - by Makai - 09-10-2015, 10:58 PM