• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  how I missed your fire
    Vastra had been prepared to fight her way back into the good graces of the fiery mare if needed, but she is delighted to discover such actions are not needed. Not right away, anyways. It's a pleasure to hear her name spoken in such a way, and though being called beautiful was not one of her favourite descriptors - she likes hearing it all the same.

Brunhilde closes the gap between them and Vastra could not be happier for it, wrapping her neck around the beautiful fire mare and holding her close. The damn sparkling increases with the contact, with the scent that she had missed so terribly as she inhales it greedily. She replies to the comment about her sparkling first, explaining as best as she can. “It seems to happen when I’m happy.” Vastra grumbles and the sparkling fades a little but not for long, not now that she’s enjoying another reunion. Her voice is quiet when she continues but warm with a low laugh. “It’s annoying but accurate. Chel nearly fell over laughing when she first saw it.”

Vastra couldn’t blame their daughter one bit - she would have happily mocked anyone she saw who sparkled like this.

But she cannot stay mad at her ridiculous skin for long. Not when someone she cares for is in her grasp, not when Brunhilde is saying that she missed her.

When she pulls back so she can look at the other mare, it is a slow, lingering affair and she tugs gently on a dark strand of hair as she does. She is grateful for the fact that words are easier for her now than when they had first met, that time and practice have given her the ability to say what she means. Though she's still certainly a fan of acting on her thoughts as well, especially with a pretty partner.

Vastra's not sure when the last time she apologized to anyone was, but the words flow from her with sincerity. “I’m sorry I didn’t find you sooner. But I am glad to see you now.” And then a smile softens this rough mare’s face when she adds “I missed you too.”
    VASTRA

@[brunhilde]

Messages In This Thread
    how I missed your fire - by Vastra - 06-06-2021, 02:57 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by brunhilde - 06-12-2021, 12:25 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by Vastra - 06-15-2021, 07:16 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by brunhilde - 06-27-2021, 04:54 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by Vastra - 07-04-2021, 11:11 AM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by brunhilde - 08-05-2021, 01:43 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by Vastra - 08-22-2021, 06:24 PM