• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'll keep on putting myself on the line
    sickle
    At first, she thinks the sun is coming out - but then she realizes that she is in the jungle and she wouldn’t be able to really see it if it were. She moving over to investigate before she even really starts thinking about it and jumps in surprise when a voice interrupts her own thoughts on the matter. In her surprise, a dozen new colours and patterns ripple across her coat. The owner of the voice emerges from some foliage, though, and she is delighted by the fact that it is a foal around her age that she doesn’t know. Sickle has forgotten her intent to find other horses, to see if she can tell if she is one of them.

All she feels is delighted by the next words that come from him as she stops nearby. “I’m shiny, look at you! You’re glowing like the sun.” She pushes her muzzle forward, seeking the sunlight glow, uncaring whether it is a bold or rude action to invade his space so readily. Malik never seemed to mind and that is her only real form of reference for these sorts of things. “I glow too but only when it’s darker out.” She informs him matter-of-factly, though he hadn’t asked.

The mention of a beetle has her straightening up again and her mismatched eyes shine with a wild grin “Was it a beetle like this?” She shifts then - delighted that the power answers her so easily as she shifts into an iridescent blue beetle and flies forward - intending to land on the colt’s shining nose. It is damp from the leaves, which she had not been expecting, and she yelps upon contact and falls backwards - becoming a lion cub and then a squirrel and finally into an iridescent blue filly once more.

Somewhere between the cub and the squirrel she began to laugh, so that the sound is bursting from her Once she’s herself, her laugh is a bright, bursting noise coming from her and it erases the embarrassment she feels at having fallen out of the beetle shape so easily.

@[aeson]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll keep on putting myself on the line - by Sickle - 06-21-2021, 07:46 PM