• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'd go there if you let me
    Bardot
    I know what sin is

It hadn’t been that hard to find her after all, one simply needed to know where to look.

An easy smile finds her own dark lips as she gazes at her mother, unable to keep the hint of worry from her gaze. Tantalize had always been a beautiful mare and even in her older years she still was. But she can see the unkempt state of her coat, the bedraggled wings, the thick knots and tangles in the dark strands of her mane, how her bones seem to jut out a little too much. “Mom.” She greets quietly, no disgust or anger there. She had never begrudged her mother for what she was or what she had gone through. She wouldn’t judge her now. She never would.

“I wondered when one of you would find me.” She tilts her head slightly as she regards her, wondering if this meant that Vinny or Cersei were still around. Unaware of the newest addition to the little sibling fold, a boy no less. A wiry smile is given as she looks at her dam. “I never forgot the ways of the jungle.” She pauses, her own golden eyes flitting about the dark vines that her mother calls home. “And I see neither did you.”

Another pause as she hesitates. She’s not sure why she had sought her out to begin with. Maybe just to know that she was still alive, because she was the only family that was still left to her knowledge? Now that she had found what she had been searching for, she had no idea what to do with it.  “What happened?” She finally asks because something has obviously happened to make her hide amongst vine and fern. Her mother had never been one to back down from a fight but this felt different. She seemed different. And then it finally hits her, the wrongness of her mother.

How dull her golden eyes seem, the spark they lack. The Tantalize she had known had crackled with an energy that she had always admired. But it was missing, that fire in her soul seemed to have fanned out. Her mother was no longer consumed by fire but instead was filled with ash. 

They may call me a sinner, but I am at peace with myself;
    html © dante.
    [Image: BQjeje-Bardot2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    I'd go there if you let me - by Tantalize - 06-27-2021, 10:00 PM
    RE: I'd go there if you let me - by Bardot - 06-27-2021, 10:16 PM
    RE: I'd go there if you let me - by Tantalize - 06-27-2021, 10:24 PM
    RE: I'd go there if you let me - by Bardot - 06-27-2021, 10:32 PM
    RE: I'd go there if you let me - by Tantalize - 06-27-2021, 10:43 PM