• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I've pulled you in, nowhere to hide now; Elliana
    kissed my penny and threw it in
    prayed to keep my soul

H
    is matching gaze (if Elliana ever dared to look in mirrors, she might have realized how similar they are) turns from hers and there is a moment where her own eyes trip and stumble trying to chase it down before righting itself back up.

But Reave does what he has seem to have done since meeting earlier that day—
    he catches her first.

Purple flowers scatter before her and she knows this vision is not her own, she knows even if she does not know how she knows. Thistle, the word comes to her quickly, having seen it in the Court gardens of Terrastella. She thinks about telling him the bouquet she made for the father who wasn't really her father, or the nightmares of how it was thistle that blinded her father that really was her father.

Or how she loved the way it felt so sharp and strong when she ran through a field of them, emerging bloodied but oh so far from broken on the other side.
    The vision escapes her—she says nothing. But the silence is oh so far from empty.

“It was always the ill fated king that wore a crown of thorns—are you trying to tell me I am ill fated, Reave?” She asks him with a tilt of a smile. “Or that I am king of some forgotten land?” She asks him, hardly toying with the idea for long. If there were anything Elliana was less of, it was a leader. Even if she were a princess—once.

Her heart flutters in anticipation, but there is hardly anything to note exteriorly. Elliana, even excited, doesn’t make many large movements; they are all slow, small, and calculated as if every second she is running through equations and angles and strategies though she does none of these. She just doesn’t want to disturb the world in which she lives. Unlike so many, the dark daughter of a sunflower and her shadow, doesn’t mind that nobody knows she is there when she is. She is an observer, and while she wouldn’t pass up the chance to make friends again, after so long, she doesn’t find it a pressing need. There is solace to be found in loneliness.

She recalls a story her mother once told, of the single time she came in contact with the beauty that was Nerine, and she smiles to think that there is one thing in the world that Elena cannot touch.

She offers him a smile, blue eyes still hidden from the world…until.

You can open your eyes now.

“Oh,” is all she says at first, a breathy and indifferent sound, and she can’t think of anything to follow it up with. She can’t sort her spinning thoughts into words, and everything that she thinks of just seemed so...empty. She stands there in her dizzy silence. She knows she should say something, that she should acknowledge what he had just shown her, but she doesn’t.

Instead—

“If you could—would you stay here forever?” She thinks, he is not the same as her, moving from place to place, always looking past her birth home. “Will you?”

@Reave  elliana speaks

elliana

« ♡ »
    « r »

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I've pulled you in, nowhere to hide now; Elliana - by Elliana - 07-11-2021, 10:13 AM