• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and I never saw you coming

There are plenty of things to see in Loess.

Tarian may be biased - he loves the warmth of the springs in winter and the way that the rising steam from them offers privacy year-round. The views from the tops of the mesas had no equal across Beqanna. And above them, there was always the open sky waiting. It's an invitation that the gray pegasus thinks that Altissima will appreciate. (Though he is loathe to leave their little hideaway; but they can return, he tells himself, as he glances back to look at the white mare.)

Like so many things in their lives - Altissima's wanderlust, Tarian's duties -  these are things that will remain. And he's determined to show her something to remember when the wind finally calls her back to roaming; something definitive for them both when their time together becomes just a hazy memory.

They soar over much of Loess. Over the deep, winding canyons. Above the rolling foothills. And he wonders if she realizes the direction that they are heading because they've made a similar journey before. The last time that Tarian had led her this far south, it had been towards the ocean and that is where he intends to lead her again. But instead of turning towards the east like they had last time, Tarian banks his wide wings and turns them towards the west. The leaves of Slyva blaze in the distance before the territory hides behind the brilliant green of the Pampas.

(He has no intention of returning to that place, not unless commanded by Lady Oceane or Cheri.)

It's midday by the time they land and Tarian's pale coat is darkened with sweat. The journey hadn't been that far but the summer heat had taken a toll on the Champion. When Altissima has landed, his blue eyes glance over to the slender mare to make sure she was alright. The ocean crashes a short distance away and the winged horse looks towards the sound, as if the proximity of the water had momentarily shocked him. But then he looks back and eyes a series of cave openings in the distance, a place where Loess' red canyon walls greeted the churning sea. "We're going to have to wait until nightfall," Tarian tells her as he comes to settle alongside the small pegasus. "There's something there that I think you might appreciate but they don't bloom in daylight." He reaches for her, a smile tugging on his dark mouth as he goes to pull on her lovely mane.

Perhaps what he might show her might inspire Altissima to change his nickname from Sir Gloworm.

The silver pegasus certainly has ideas of how they might pass the time, but Tarian lets Altissima set the pace. "So we have some to kill," he murmurs. "We could take a swim, relax in the shade, or...," trailing off as he catches the shimmer of her luminescent skin.

TARIAN

@Altissima

Messages In This Thread
    and I never saw you coming - by Altissima - 07-05-2021, 03:59 PM
    RE: and I never saw you coming - by Tarian - 07-05-2021, 05:52 PM
    RE: and I never saw you coming - by Altissima - 07-05-2021, 06:55 PM
    RE: and I never saw you coming - by Tarian - 07-07-2021, 06:40 PM
    RE: and I never saw you coming - by Altissima - 07-09-2021, 05:57 PM
    RE: and I never saw you coming - by Tarian - 07-14-2021, 02:36 PM
    RE: and I never saw you coming - by Altissima - 07-15-2021, 02:43 PM
    RE: and I never saw you coming - by Tarian - 07-15-2021, 09:02 PM
    RE: and I never saw you coming - by Altissima - 07-17-2021, 08:56 AM