• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I hate you because I think of you

a bright and dangerous spark

Obscene is the only challenge Cheri ever had to face. He’s irreprehensible, infuriating, a beast she can’t tame. If this fire between them… if it ever dimmed, Cheri honestly couldn’t say what she would do. She would be bored. He knew that she was spoiled, coddled, and paired that with a mythical type of beauty. It almost seemed unfair. But the one thing she never got was him, and the one thing she wants more than anything is… him. Twisted, she thought. But damned if she didn’t realize it. He had gotten through her, shattered that balm of crystal perfection she always seemed to wear so well. The jerk.

And yet. And yet.

His sigh softened her. The electric fire in her eyes grows, warms itself pleasantly throughout until Cheri’s skin is like fire to the touch. She’s so minutely aware of every strand of hair trickling over his face, exposing little hints of his gleaming red stare, it’s sickening. Hmm, Cheri mused, looking him over. Obscene had a nervous tic. Her gaze flicked up and down the length of his nose, a desire to touch it with her own bubbling up from somewhere forbidden. She wants to measure him, make him add up when he’s an impossible number to factor. Instead Cheri breathes a soft sigh over his fur, peppered with the gold flakes of a chosen Fae Prince.

His secret was more than safe with her. She wouldn’t forget that he’d ignored answering her question directly, though. That was also their secret to share now. Guess that made them even.

“I agree.” Her breathy response was sweet, compliant. “But you know I always get my way in the end, Obscene.” Cheri smiled softly. The expression was more sad than biting, spoken in low, soft tones. She inclined her head, the curtain of green hair growing along the ladylike arc of her neck shivering and glinting with the motion. Her lips hovered beside his own, both her eyes downcast with shy intentions.

“One way or another.” Cheri whispered, turning to kiss him. She didn’t. At the last second she pulled away and tucked her chin gracefully toward the rise of her beautiful chest, lashes batting. She would laugh, but the seriousness of the moment tore at her heart, making humor impossible. He should know that she wanted to kiss him, more than anything. He should’ve felt it, the fire thrumming in her veins. Did he?

Cheri’s soul had made the decision long ago: it wanted Obscene. Her body, her mind, her emotions all bent towards that one impossible truth. But with so many uncertainties surrounding their tenuous alliance that truth would have to wait. One day she vowed he would come to her, but until that day she’d just have to do everything in her power to keep him wanting more.
    Full-sized image link

@Obscene

Messages In This Thread
    I hate you because I think of you - by Obscene - 07-28-2021, 08:48 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 04:46 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 10:59 AM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 12:51 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-09-2021, 05:43 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 11:20 AM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 01:08 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 02:15 PM