• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  she keeps me alive; Ciri

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

Perhaps she fell in love with her then. Not because of Lo’s bravado (which stirs something in her, something raw and fierce and as hot as the flames of her anger) or the emotion that she can see storm through the pale clouds of her eyes and the way her chest heaves with distress. It’s not even the touch to her neck although she feels that strange tingling sensation she had once felt when Amet or Castile did the same thing. It’s what she says that grounds her to reality, that makes her look at Lo with sudden understanding.

She’s the only one that’s noticed she is different. The only one to voice it at least.

She doesn’t want to love Leokadia. Not if it means sending her to the same meaningless void that she had found in death.

She is quiet despite the grilling of questions and growing concern expressed on Lo’s face, choosing to break away her own starlit gaze to look up at the ones hovering around her. The ones that now seem tinged in a bloody hue of red. They hadn’t returned to their bright whiteness since her argument with Nashua on this very beach. She wonders if they ever will, if she will ever pull down her shield again. She doesn’t care if they don’t or if she never touches that oily source once more. She remains silent but it’s not because she is avoiding her questions, not exactly. She’s just not sure how much she wants to share, not wanting to alarm the white feathered mare anymore than she already was.

Ruffling her new wings behind her, she finally turns her cold silver gaze back to Lo. “You won’t want to stay after what I tell you.” She finally says, a tinge of regret in the tone of her voice. Because if things were different then she would want nothing more than for Lo to resist her. She would love nothing more than to encourage the creamy pegasus to stay on the Isle with her forever, to meet her Isle brothers, to see what this could be. She considers the other mare, a wry smile finding her dark lips briefly as she thinks of Lo’s blunt request. “I like the way you speak Lo. I appreciate how you approach things in such an analytical way. It makes me look at things in a different perspective.”

Even if she cannot keep her for herself, she would not deny the mare the compliment that she deserved.

However this is one perspective she can’t seem to change.
    That hollowness behind her anger, the emptiness she had seen when Gale’s hooves had connected with her temple.

“When I went to meet my friend he had been… changed. Into something terrible.” Grief threatens to overwhelm her but the blaze of her anger quickly evaporates it, flames licking behind the cool silver of her eyes. “He hurt me. He’s hurt all of us here in some way.” Nashua whose child had been abducted. Leilan for having to halt his personal quest. And she wouldn’t doubt there were countless others in the mix and more to come, just as Nash had predicted. “This is a long battle Lo. And I would not see you be a casualty in it.” Not because of me, she almost says but bites back at the last second.

”You’re more than just your stars, Ciri.”

The Curses’s echo rings through her head as she reluctantly steps away from Lo’s touch. “He will be back. It’s just a matter of when. So it’s not safe here for you.” She realizes that she hasn’t fully answered Lo’s question. Why exactly she was different. She had shouted it at Nashua in the heat of her temper but she can’t seem to say it now, unwilling to share this dark knowledge with Lo. Unwilling to bring her down with her.

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

@Leokadia

Messages In This Thread
    she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Leokadia - 08-10-2021, 03:03 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Ciri - 08-10-2021, 08:17 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Leokadia - 08-13-2021, 02:28 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Ciri - 08-13-2021, 05:28 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Leokadia - 08-15-2021, 10:03 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Ciri - 08-16-2021, 06:19 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Leokadia - 08-19-2021, 11:44 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Ciri - 08-24-2021, 01:35 PM