• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  eurus afer ventus
    Bardot
    I know what sin is

The little unicorn had never really had friends before. Even amongst the Amazons and despite the connection she felt to all her sisters (that bond that was forged with oath and loyalty) she had never considered them really as ‘friends'. Not exactly. There had never been any close childhood companions, there had only been her unwanted sister and even then they had quickly grown apart when Lion and Tantalize had finally declared war on each other.

It’s a nice feeling, despite the circumstances, to click with another female so easily. Something she can’t even remember doing in the Amazons. Cheri is quick to reassure her in the face of her own worries and she smiles gratefully to the winged mare, wondering if the green and black beauty realized that she could benefit from her own words as well. The other falls silent as they reach a fork in the road and she reaches out with her dark muzzle to briefly brush against the other’s shoulder as the insects hum merrily around them. “We will find your father Cheri. I’m sure of it. And I’ll help however I can.” She says with more confidence then she feels but she can easily imagine how distressed Cheri must be. Distressed and still willing to help her despite the grave tidings she had brought.

The Loessian speaks up not long after the silence stretches again and this time it is Bardot’s turn to feel anxious as Cheri confirms that there might be just one stallion who matches the brother she seeks. One who doesn’t seem quite so friendly from what she shortly gathers from her new companion. Obscene, she calls him and Bardot snorts with amusement, feeling a spark of excitement as it seems like just the thing Tantalize would call her only son. “My mother always had a thing with names. We also have a sister named Vindictive, she does tend to live up to it.”

She is quiet for a moment, considering. This is the strongest lead she’s found so far and she has a gut feeling that she is closing in on her quarry, coming to the end of her own personal quest. Cheri draws her attention again as she speaks of this Prince and his fairy kingdom. Fairies? Her nostrils wrinkle as she snorts again, now confused. “Fairies? Forgive me for my ignorance but are you saying he’s a fairy?” She recalls the few fairies she had seen in her lifetime, recalling the little caretakers in the playground years ago. A flicker of doubt crosses her mind again, maybe she wasn’t on the right track. There were no fairies in her family. Dark troubled souls yes… That she can handle and understand. But little winged magical creatures like the ones she’s heard about on the Mountain? Her golden eyes glance at Cheri with open curiosity. “You seem to know him pretty well.”

The path towards the Pampas lays before them and she takes a step towards it, trying to ease the nerves that suddenly bundle in her stomach. “You’ve done so much already Cheri, thank you. Truly.” She pauses to glance back at the Loessian with a small smile. “Well, I wish you luck. I probably need it as well.” She gives a soft laugh before turning her determined gaze to the road ahead. ”Perhaps I’ll see you in Taiga after this?”

They may call me a sinner, but I am at peace with myself;
    html © dante.

@Cheri
    [Image: BQjeje-Bardot2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    eurus afer ventus - by Bardot - 07-29-2021, 02:54 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 05:26 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Bardot - 08-02-2021, 08:52 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 11:37 AM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Bardot - 08-03-2021, 01:12 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 06:59 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Bardot - 08-12-2021, 02:22 PM