• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a sunrise is born, nazghul
    i could be your favorite monster.

Something in him says that if her light touches him, he will come apart. This isn’t true, of course, but he is born with a natural fear of things that are bright and shining like her. Only the shade of night is truly safe for a thing like him. So he shies backward when she reaches for him and his breath catches in his throat. Liesma doesn’t seem intent on harming him, and yet he fears she will regardless. Her beauty is a knife to his throat.

He blinks and the dark overtakes his body once more. It swallows the gold of him whole and shrouds him in quiet, in safety. “It comes and goes,” he answers with a mouth full of sharp teeth. Now, the ink black of him devours the light she emanates and spares not a single bit of it in a reflection. Nazghul shifts his weight and nervously paws at the ground with long claws.

My mother was gold too. I don’t know where the black comes from,” he explains with a shrug of his small shoulder.

He imagines his father must have been something like the night sky - dark and beyond his reach. But he doesn’t mention this to her. They’ve only just met and his silly theories would mean nothing to her.

What about you? Is your mother a star?

NazghuL
    @liesma

Messages In This Thread
    a sunrise is born, nazghul - by liesma - 08-21-2021, 09:53 PM
    RE: a sunrise is born, nazghul - by nazghul - 08-22-2021, 07:39 PM
    RE: a sunrise is born, nazghul - by liesma - 08-22-2021, 07:59 PM
    RE: a sunrise is born, nazghul - by nazghul - 08-22-2021, 08:53 PM
    RE: a sunrise is born, nazghul - by liesma - 08-30-2021, 03:01 PM