• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the truth is in the gallows

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

There is none of the fear and hope he recalls from the last time they had met. Though he had been younger, less versed in his abilities, he had talent for it even then. Now there is only acceptance tangled in the memories of pain. It does not take him long to see how she had given herself over to it rather than allow it to tear her apart from the inside.

He finds himself immensely curious about this new development. The woman who stands before him is familiar, but almost everything about her feels different. She has been remade in more ways than one.

Perhaps he had been remade too, but he is still Reave at the center of it all. He is no longer the colt of his youth, but the tempestuous heart that has fueled him since birth remains. Harder perhaps, more callous, but still the same one that has always beat within him. She is different, the very essence of her, the things that fuel her, all changed from what he had once seen in a dark forest surrounded by monsters.

“I can see that,” he replies easily, head tilting at the harsh laughter. He does not elaborate however.

He doesn’t feel compelled to fill the gaps in conversation with inane chatter as he might once have done. When her gaze falls back to him, her eyes as sharp and golden as the raptor on his hip, the grin at the edges of his lips widens. He could sharpen his own eyes to match, but he does not. He has little interest in stirring that sort of competition.

Her words bring a brief laugh to his lips, shoulders rolling as he shifts his stance, legs tingling with the restlessness he always feels. “I did,” he agrees, eyes sparking as he peers at her, amused. “Or rather, they grew into me.”

He laughs again, Rune swaying as he shifts again. When the silence falls once more, his eyes fix on the horned mare with an intensity he hadn’t possessed the last time they met. “But I don’t think you’re here just to admire my bones.”

reave

@Mazikeen

Messages In This Thread
    the truth is in the gallows - by Mazikeen - 08-16-2021, 08:02 PM
    RE: the truth is in the gallows - by Reave - 08-17-2021, 01:03 PM
    RE: the truth is in the gallows - by Mazikeen - 08-21-2021, 10:17 AM
    RE: the truth is in the gallows - by Reave - 08-24-2021, 12:21 PM
    RE: the truth is in the gallows - by Mazikeen - 08-28-2021, 10:17 AM
    RE: the truth is in the gallows - by Reave - 08-30-2021, 09:24 AM
    RE: the truth is in the gallows - by Mazikeen - 08-30-2021, 02:38 PM
    RE: the truth is in the gallows - by Reave - 08-31-2021, 11:18 AM
    RE: the truth is in the gallows - by Mazikeen - 08-31-2021, 06:42 PM