• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

KINGDOM MEETING - ALL
    Like most of the sisters, she’s not exactly surprised when Lagertha calls them to a meeting.  A new rule has begun, and so it’s time to lay down the new law and set the stage for the new regime and the kingdom’s policies for years to come.

Lyris does not dawdle in heeding the call, and is quick to join the gathering of sisters.  She settles in, ears forward, eager to hear Lagertha speak.  She’s interested in hearing what the new Khaleesi’s plans for the kingdom will be.  And she’s not disappointed.

She’s quite interested in Lagertha’s first announcement, that stallions will no longer be considered ‘brothers,’ and will once again be downgraded to manservants.  It’s a choice that makes sense to her.  The ‘brothers’ had been brought in under ... someone.  Scorch maybe?  But the Amazons have always been and will always been, a kingdom of mares.  Stallions are welcome to stay, but they should not get a say in the running of the kingdom.  Just as mares would never have a say in the running of the Tundra.

Lagertha’s next step is to announce promotions and Lyris grins when her own name is called.  Second rank in the army, not bad.  But she wants more.  General Lyris does have a nice ring to it after all.  “I’d like to throw my name in the running for General.”  She eyes Lagertha, watching for the mare’s reaction.  Hopefully the Khaleesi isn’t overly opposed to the idea, not that she should have any reason to be.  “What are your requirements?”

After Lagertha has given her answer, she turns to look at the army members that she can see.  “And I’m always up for a mock if anyone’s interested.”  She hopes someone is, she’s itching to test the abilities of their soldiers.  “And if you want wings, speak up.  I’d like to get rid of these yesterday.”  She flairs her wings dramatically.  The damn things are still so itchy.

Her grin widens further when Lagertha announces open season on the other kingdoms, and even suggests a possible future raid.  Things are clearly getting interesting.  “Any particular kingdom you have in mind?”  It would be nice to to some reconnaissance beforehand.

Lagertha ends the meeting with the usual encouragement to get active, and with a call for the sisters that haven’t sworn the oath to step forward.

She’s about to step away when Rhy, leader of the diplomats steps forward with an assignment.  She sighs quietly.  It’s her own damn fault for joining both castes.  She considers for a moment.  It’d be more interesting to visit one of the more active kingdoms.  She’d rather avoid the Valley (she hasn’t heard anything of her father in years, but she’d rather not take that chance), and the Desert sand doesn’t seem particularly enticing.  The Chamber is the only more active one left.  “I’ll take the Chamber.  Anyone comin’ with me?”
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com

Messages In This Thread
    KINGDOM MEETING - ALL - by Lagertha - 09-13-2015, 02:43 PM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - ALL - by Joscelin - 09-13-2015, 10:32 PM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - ALL - by Tantalize - 09-13-2015, 11:19 PM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - ALL - by Rhy - 09-14-2015, 09:58 AM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - ALL - by Aoi - 09-14-2015, 12:33 PM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - ALL - by Lyris - 09-15-2015, 02:01 PM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - ALL - by Tessla - 09-15-2015, 02:31 PM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - ALL - by Sunday - 09-19-2015, 06:05 PM