• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you couldn't hide it from me, casimira

Savior

She comes swimming up over the horizon like a mirage.
    For a moment, he thinks he’s fallen asleep and has dreamed her.

(He has often felt this way because his thoughts reflect hers more often than either of them realizes—she is so beautiful that he cannot always believe that she has chosen him, certainly the most beautiful thing he has ever held.) 

And what a sweet dream it would be after the plague of nightmares. 
    But she presses herself into his side and she is solid and she is real and her forehead is warm beneath his mouth when he presses it there. It is no dream and this makes it even sweeter.

There has always been a sort of melancholy to her, a kind of darkness in her brow that has made him want to excavate whatever it is that haunts her. If he could take it unto himself, he would without hesitation. But there is something deeper now, something darker. He can feel it in how softly she speaks. 

For a moment, neither of them speaks. He waits, holding her, until his heart orients itself around hers, the patterns of their pulse matching. It is only then that he lifts his head to try and catch her eye. “I missed you so much that you appeared,” he says with a rueful smile, aching for her own smile.

Something’s troubling you,” he murmurs, reaching out to brush her cheek, exhaling a warm breath against her skin.

YOU REMIND ME WHO I WAS AND WHO I WANT TO BE
    YOU REMIND ME THOUGH NOT WHOLE, I’M NOT EMPTY

@Casimira

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you couldn't hide it from me, casimira - by savior - 10-14-2021, 02:55 PM