• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I think I still see it, sunlight coming through
    Laurelin is not accustomed to seeing pain so he does not immediately recognize the look that fractures across Aureline’s features - but he does pick up on the variation between it and her smile. He doesn’t know how to ask if something is bothering her, especially after she just said she was well and had nothing to complain about. She wouldn’t lie would she?

Lying is another thing he doesn’t know to expect, like pain. So Laurelin is left feeling confused and having absolutely no idea what to do about it - except to know that he really does not like the feeling at all.

She changes the subject a moment later, so he smooths over his own worries and focuses on the soft smile she wears now. “I don’t really have a home, I just sort of wander.” It has never been something he really thought of before now. It did not bother the blue stallion to not have one place he favoured over another - they were all the same. Every spot he was in was the best spot because he was there. However he does like the idea of Aureline being able to find him easier, so he adds as his grin grows. “But I might consider getting one if it means you’ll come looking for me more.”

Now, he just isn’t sure where that might be. Somewhere on the coast or by the river perhaps?

It takes no effort at all this time to return the question - either as inspiration to help him think of somewhere he could live or because he is genuinely curious. Even Laurelin probably wouldn’t be able to say for sure which is the actual reason, though very likely it is simply an equal measure of both. “What about you, where can I find you usually?”

LAURELIN

@aureline

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I think I still see it, sunlight coming through - by Laurelin - 10-29-2021, 09:29 AM