• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Falling into the quicksand of my troubled mind
    Kestrell was surprised that he hadn’t heard someone approaching. He was usually better than that. One of his eyes popped open lazily, the other stayed firmly closed, and he took a brief glance at the undeniably attractive mare that hadn’t been there seconds before. With an appreciative grunt, the male pegasus closed his eye again and smiled. Surprised or not, she was definitely pleasant.

He wasn’t the type to get his feathers ruffled, even if she had interrupted the beginning of a long-overdue vacation. A vice of his was feeding into the confidence of strangers, knowing well enough that most everyone could send him to an early grave, and his first impression of the bluish-green female was that she had enough confidence to spare for the both of them.

Good, he thought. The last thing he wanted was to be bored to death.

“You’re welcome to join.” Kestrell’s voice rumbled pleasantly. “They say hard work turns easy when you break it down into smaller tasks.”

The very edge of his mouth shifted in amusement.

“I’ll relax, you rub me down… then I might be inclined to return the favor.” He suggested, expecting her to be offended or amused. Sometimes, his bouts of dark humor got him into more trouble than he could handle.

The image of her in his mind’s eye told Kestrell she was exactly that: more than he could handle. That smirk, her stance, and those eyes of hers were a dangerous combination, and for a second or two he pictured the feminine shape of her legs dipping into the water beside him, causing him to shiver. Unable to relax, he turned instead to stare at the strange, lovely creature without a hint of shame.

His brow lifted expectantly.
    Coming? His grin seemed to ask.

@Stargaze

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Falling into the quicksand of my troubled mind - by Kestrell - 01-31-2022, 01:53 PM